Welcome to Artzee Chris' Cool Creations Blog

Hello and welcome! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog! This is my corner of the web for all things Artzee! As a illustrator in my life before kids I used to freelance and create clipart and graphics for various computer software packages and I also did some greeting card designs. I love old vintage images that can be used for mixed media crafts and projects. I have a ton of vintage images, scrapbooking and paper crafting projects for you to download and use for FREE!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Welcome to my NEW Arts & Crafts Blog!


Welcome to my little creative corner of the web I like to call: Artzee Chris' Cool Creations. For as long as I can remember I have loved to draw, paint, sew, craft, knit, crochet, color, cross stitch, embroider, scrapbook, you name it: if it had anything to do with Arts & Crafts I was on board and still am. For a long while I've been wanting to create a place where I could share cool ideas, crafts, art, supplies, and basically all things arty and crafty with others like me who share my passion. Artzee Chris' Cool Creations is this place and I can't wait to get this party started! With each new post I plan on showcasing a crafting project or offering up some really great free stuff that you will be able to download and print out for free on your own printer.

So without further hesitation, here is my first project that I've put together!

Gardening Glove Greeting Card & Matching Envelope


This sweet card is a wonderful way to wish someone Happy Mother's Day or send a Spring Greeting out to that special person.


Artzee Chris' Crafting Rating: Easy

Here is a list of Materials you will need:

  • One 12" x 12" light tan or offwhite cardstock (important: the cardstock need to be the same color on both sides)
  • One 12" x 12" scrapbook paper needs to be lightcolor and simple design. This is the paper you will be making your custom envelope from so the design and color need to be light and subtle enough for you to write an address that is ledgible for the post office
  • One piece of scrapbook paper that is about 4" x 4" and is color coordinated to your envelope paper
  • One packet of flower seeds your choice. It's nice to try to coordinate the seed packet colors to the scrapbook paper colors
  • Scissors
  • Thin line black marker
  • Pencil
  • Eraser
  • Card Templates printed and cut out for use

Gardening Glove Card Template Links:


http://www.flickr.com/photos/artzeechris/4521489377/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/artzeechris/4521489357/sizes/o/

Download the Glove and Envelope Templates and print and cut them out:


Trace the first half of the envelope then
flip the template over and match it to the part already traced and
trace the other half of the envelope as shown beloew



Cut the envelope out as pictured below



Fold flaps of envelope in and use glue stick to adhere bottom and side of envelope, Leave top flap open so you can put card in envelope when done


Fold tan cardstock in half and trace glove template with pinky finger lined up on the fold as pictured below:


Cut glove out leaving the fold on the pinky finger so card looks as shown when finished:


Cut thumb off of right side of card so it looks like picture shown below:

Next trace glove cuff as shown below and cut it out
Glue cuff to Glove as shown below:
Draw dashes with thin tip maker to represent stitches as shown below:
Fold thumb over and glue seed packet in glove as shown draw stitches:
Here is your finished product! All you have to now is write your note and send it off to that special person!


So here is my first Cool Creation for you to make and enjoy!
Come back soon for my next installment!

1 comment:

  1. That's a really neat tutorial Chris!

    Love original stuff, and thouroughly enjoyed this one.

    Warmest Hugs,
    Sandi @ Bearly Sane

    ReplyDelete

We've Been Married How Long?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
 
Custom Search
09 10